FROZEN BIOLOGICAL & CRYOGENIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
WHY CHOOSE MCCOLLISTER’S FOR CRYOGENIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES?
Few items require more care and attention when being moved than biological specimens. Keeping samples at freezing, ultra-low, or refrigerated temperatures is critical to maintain their overall integrity. With a fleet of trailers that are specially engineered for temperature-dependent transport, McCollister’s is capable of transporting a range of different research experiments, chemicals, and bioagents at temperatures ranging from -112° F to 39° F. These specialty trailers, combined with our extensive experience in high-value logistics operations, enables McCollister’s to move entire labs at one time. An excellent track record of transportation in the scientific community means customers can be 100% confident using McCollister’s to handle their highly sensitive scientific experiments and operations.
Discuss your needs with a specialist today.
UNIQUE TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS FOR FROZEN BIOLOGICAL MATERIALS
McCollister’s goes the extra mile to deliver an advanced solution for those in the Life Sciences needing transportation of specimens or entire labs! Our independently-powered trailers allow cryogenic chambers, scientific refrigerators, and other frozen biological equipment to be plugged-in and operated from the beginning to the end of every shipment. McCollister’s’ technically-minded staff are fully trained in biological agent, chemical, HAZMAT, and ultra-low temperature operations, offering flexibility and confidence to our customers that their projects will be transported safely and successfully.
OUR SPECIALTY TRAILERS HAVE THE FOLLOWING CAPABILITIES:
- Wireless Temperature Monitoring Systems
- 200 Amp and 110/220 Volt Service and Shore Power
- 2 Custom Generators Providing Redundant Diesel and Electrical Power
- Transfer Switches to Maintain Power in Case of Failure
- Climate Units to Circulate Air and Maintain Proper Internal Trailer Temperatures
- 4,400-lb Self-Leveling 8’x8′ Lift Gates
- Backup Freezer Units (when necessary) with -112° F, -4° F, and 39° F Capabilities
- Short-Term External Backup Power
- US Department of Transportation Special Permits:
- Hazardous Materials (49 CFR §172.101)
- Infectious Substance (Animal) Class 6.2 & (Human) Class 6.2
- Biological Substance, Category B* Class 6.2
Cryogenic Transportation FAQs
What is cryogenic transportation?
Upscaled climate service with power for sample freezers to keep them running with shipments/contents.
What temperatures do your shipping containers operate at?
Customer can specify as cryogenic trailers can be lower than a normal climate.
What is required to transport frozen biological materials?
If not a bio hazard or threat, all that is needed is notification of contents.
What information do I need to gather to get a quote for transporting biological equipment?
From, to, dates, item descriptions with dimensions/weights if available, load plans if available, arrival times, access at locations, dry van, climate van or flatbed. As much detail as possible!