OUR TECHNOLOGY CAPABILITIES
WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
McCollister’s warehouse management systems (WMS) use radio frequency (RF) and bar code technology to track inventory at accuracy rates exceeding 99.99%, using smartphone and wifi:
- Product Storage and Configuration – Multiple attributes like dimension, weight, cube, configuration, and storage requirements, including the capability to scan 1D and 2D barcodes.
- Flexible Bar-Coding – Use of McCollister’s custom labels for precise tracking and tagging.
- Order Management – Matching specific products to specific customers, allocating products in a certain way, and triggering extra functions such as additional product labeling, EDI/API integrations to other carriers for inbound and outbound milestone notifications.
- Reporting – Flexibility on data and reporting for analytics and real-time decision making.
TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Integration with transportation companies and trading partners is critical to ensuring accurate and timely logistics and distribution. McCollister’s systems offer many TMS capabilities in this area, including:
- Advance Shipment Notifications – Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) provides advanced shipment notifications containing detailed order structure to streamline receiving and shipping activities.
- Load Planning and Management – Both inbound and outbound orders can be grouped into trailer loads to accommodate delivery needs, and loads can be loaded and unloaded in particular ways to optimize trailer capacity and weight distribution – TL/ CLIMATE or other modes.
- Yard and Fleet Management – McCollister’s utilizes Skybitz® tractor-trailer tracking, trailer inventory tracking in yards at distribution center facilities, and on the highways. SkyBitz is a remote asset tracking and information management service provider, specializing in real-time decision-making tools for companies with unpowered assets such as tractor-trailers, heavy-haul equipment, and other assets.
- Transportation Management System Integration – McCollister’s can use API/ EDI to integrate with various transportation management systems or direct carrier systems to tender and re-tender loads and transmit and receive appointment times and statuses.
- Carrier Notifications – Notifications can be sent via API/ EDI or automated reporting directly to carriers containing the shipment information
- Reporting – Flexibility on data and reporting for analytics and real-time decision making